“To make the difference required in our industry, we need strong, focused and passionate teams.”
Are you excited about applying your skills and knowledge to improve the future of pyrometallurgy?
We are always eager to meet passionate, like-minded people who want to make a difference and can strengthen our team. In our technical teams, we employ metallurgical, chemical and mechanical engineers. On the IT and computing side, we work with computer scientists, software engineers, software developers, database developers and system administrators. Send us your CV and let’s get to know each other over a coffee.
We are an owner-managed private entity, which has been in operation for 20 years. The company offers specialist consulting and new technology development services to local and international clients operating pyrometallurgical reactors such as electric smelting furnaces, converters, and rotary kilns.
The purpose of the General Manager (GM) is to work in close collaboration and support of the CEO to establish the company as a healthy organisation capable of reliable, sustainable growth and of realising our vision, through sound and creative business management and practices. The opportunity presented will be to maintain and enhance the company’s position as a reliable service provider and improve organisational health during our current growth phase and to develop the company into a substantial international player. The GM will report to the CEO and the board.
- To implement, further develop and maintain the strategic plan.
- To establish, grow, and sustain a healthy team environment.
- To implement, strengthen, and sustain our values of unity, order, discipline, and effectiveness.
- Establish an effective governance framework, including operational measurement metrics and continuous improvement.
- To structure, strengthen and sustain the core business support functions.
- To ensure the company realise their medium-term vision by 28 February 2026.
- A formal business management/leadership qualification is highly recommended e.g., MBA, MBL.
- A technical qualification, i.e., engineering, would be advantageous.
- Business strategy
- Business growth
- General business management
- Developing healthy teams
- Leadership and management
- Strong communication
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Computer literate
- The candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in the field of business management at senior management level with a proven track record of success.
- Concrete references of leading business strategy implementation, business growth, and developing healthy teams are essential.
Senior Metallurgical Process Engineer / Metallurgical Process Engineer
We are an owner-managed private entity, which has been in operation for 20 years. The company offers specialist consulting and new technology development services to local and international clients, operating pyrometallurgical reactors such as electric smelting furnaces, converters and rotary kilns.
- To assist clients in improving their understanding of their materials, processes and equipment by analysing their operations, processes and performing process calculations, with the level of calculations depending on the purpose of each assignment.
- To communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders, where the main deliverables are often reports and presentations. It is therefore important to convey important results of the company’s work accurately, briefly and clearly.
- To help sustain the company’s image as a competent, professional team, by providing high-quality work for our clients.
- Help develop tools and methods by identifying opportunities for improvement.
- B.Eng. Metallurgical or Chemical
- Post-graduate engineering qualification would be advantageous
- Extractive metallurgy, specifically pyrometallurgy
- Thermodynamics and thermochemistry
- Process kinetics (reaction kinetics, heat transfer, mass transfer)
- Process modelling and simulation
- Numerical methods
The following skills are essential:
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a small team
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
The following are advantageous:
- Experience with thermochemical or other process modelling software (FactSage, METSIM, HSC, etc.)
- Programming (Python, MATLAB, VBA, etc.)
- The candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience (Process Engineer position) or 10 years’ experience (Senior Process Engineer position) in the field of pyrometallurgical process engineering, including process and plant design, commissioning and operation.
- Some formal research experience is recommended.